Thursday, October 3, 2019

Long-Distance Practice: A Good Idea for the Armed Citizen

Long-Distance Practice: A Good Idea for the Armed Citizen
by Sheriff Jim Wilson - Friday, September 27, 2019

Various reports indicate that most gunfights occur at 7 yards or less, and my informal research seems to back this up. It is a certainty that these close-range encounters are the most dangerous. Consequently, we suggest that most of the defensive shooter’s practice be with these close-range attacks in mind. However, what happens if you become the exception to the rule? What happens if a threat presents itself at 25 yards? Can you handle it?

READ MORE

1 comment:

  1. I like to do my practice shooting at 15 and 10 yards. I rarely shoot at 7 yards, but when I do, it seems easy to get tight groups. I routinely put 5 rounds in a 5 inch circle at 15 yards with several of my guns and that makes me smile. I'm thinking it also makes for good practice, especially as my eyes are not what they used to be.

    ReplyDelete